COMMITTEE ON COMMUNITY SERVICE GRANTS
This committee is reflective of the mission statement that states “The members of the Nazareth Association, consisting of alumni, faculty and staff and friends of the schools once operated by the Sisters of St. Joseph at Nazareth, seek to continue the century-old tradition of holistic human development throughout reunions and informative programs for the membership, as well as scholarships and grants to memorialize the search for knowledge and service to the world community”. This program began as a “thank you” to the Sisters for instilling the thoughts and actions that every human individual is held responsible for the betterment of society.
The Committee on Community Service Grants is composed of a chairperson, three board members, and, if desired, two additional members of the Nazareth Association.
Specifically, this committee will:
- Plan and coordinate the annual grant program via mailings, review of applicants, determination of eligibility, and selection of finalists
- Annually review the criteria used and determine if changes are needed
- Coordinate the process for any “one time” grants brought forth by families, association members, and/or outside individuals
- Provide updates, as needed, to the Nazareth Association website coordinator
- Work with the office staff to determine cost effective mailings of news releases, grant packets, etc.
- Submit an annual financial request for inclusion into the annual fiscal budget both in the amount of grants and monies needed by the committee
- Submit a written report at all board meetings
- Coordinate the portion of the luncheon where the grant winners are announced at Spirit Days and all other such events to be named
- Will determine their meetings as needed